About Me

fairfax, va, United States

Labels

Pages

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

sixty and one...

this cake is for the man who has been taking care of me all my life since before i was born...my father. i cannot begin to describe the amazing person he is. yes it is true...we haven't always seen eye to eye...but as i grow older...i am realizing that we are more alike than i had ever imagined.

today my dad turns 61 years old...and in celebration of my traditional father...i have stepped away from what's modern...and gone back to something a little more traditional.

this cake is a new blend i'd like to call 
"strawberry lemonade"
it is a lemon cake with big chunks of fresh strawberries with some vanilla buttercream. now as for decor...i forgot how unforgiving buttercream is. i def need to get back to practicing my piping because my hand was the furthest thing from steady. 
november 2010

november 2010
unfortunately i wasn't able to get professional pictures from inhar this time...but hoping i will get some with the next few.

No comments:

Post a Comment